The Eagles earned a girls bowling trophy, plus, which teams are headed to district basketball and who, when and where everyone is playing
The Klahowya Eagles added another trophy to their case after the girls bowling team finished third at the 2A/1A state tournament in Tacoma Friday.
The Eagles finished with a total pin count of 6,957. W.F. West won the team title, 7,355, followed by Columbia River, 7,281.
South Kitsap bowled a score of 4,475 in the 4A team competition and will play its final 14 baker games Saturday.
Boys Basketball: South Kitsap, Olympic district seeding games Saturday
Both the South Kitsap and Olympic boys basketball teams play for respective district seeding Saturday.
South Kitsap takes on Rogers of Puyallup at Bellarmine Prep to determine the Nos. 4 and 5 seed from the South Puget Sound League 4A. The fifth seed will have to play a Monday play-in game and the Wolves are hoping to avoid that scenario with a win Saturday.
Olympic and Sequim play their tiebreaker for the fourth seed to the 2A WCD at 3:30 p.m. at Port Townsend. The teams split their season series and split against third seed Bremerton during the regular season.
- Central Kitsap (15-5) plays at 7:45 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11, against Lincoln in the 3A West Central District tournament. The Cougars will play at Washington High School for a chance to move into the district semifinals on Feb. 20 at Puyallup High School.
- Olympic League champion North Kitsap (18-2) hosts the winner of the Steilacoom/Foster game in the 2A WCD quarterfinals Saturday, Feb. 15, at 7 p.m. A win would move the Vikings into the district semifinals Feb. 20.
- Bremerton (13-7) earned the No. 3 seed and will play at Renton, 7 p.m. Feb. 13. The winner moves on to face the SPSL No. 1.
- Bainbridge (7-12) faces the Metro No. 10 seed in a district qualifier Tuesday, Feb. 11, at 7 p.m. That game is loser out and the winner will play again Feb. 12 at 5:45 p.m.
Girls Basketball: Top seed Klahowya prepping for district debut
The Klahowya Eagles will have plenty of time to prepare for their debut in the West Central District 1A tournament.
And they won’t have to make a long road trip.
Klahowya (13-7) will face Cascade Christian, the No. 2 seed from the Nisqually League, at South Kitsap High School at 5 p.m. Monday, Feb. 17.
- North Kitsap (10-10) will take on Washington at Washington High School Wednesday, Feb. 12 at 7 p.m. in their 2A West Central District opener. A win would put the Vikings into the quarterfinals against the SPSL No. 1 seed.
- Kingston (8-12), having earned the fourth seed on Thursday, plays at South Puget Sound League No. 4 at 7 p.m. Feb. 12. A win guarantees the Buccaneers a spot into the quarterfinals while a loss puts them into the elimination side of the bracket.
- Bainbridge (11-8) hosts the 3A Metro No. 9 seed in the district qualifier Tuesday, Feb. 11, at 7 p.m. The Spartans are facing a loser-out scenario.
- Crosspoint (10-9) travels to Friday Harbor in a loser-out 2B TriDistrict tournament game at 12:30 p.m. A win will put the Warriors into another loser-out game against La Conner Feb. 17 at a time to be determined.