South Kitsap's Ryan Thoma, and nearly three dozen others, qualified for the USATF National Junior Olympics in Sacramento later this month
Thriller Track Club of South Kitsap’s Ryan Thoma finished second overall in the decathlon at the recently completed USATF Region 13 Junior Olympic Track and Field Championships.
Thoma’s top-five finish qualified him for the USATF National Junior Olympic Championships, July 22-28 in Sacramento, Calif.
The three-day meet was held at Mount Tahoma High School in Tacoma July 4-7.
Thoma, a 2019 South Kitsap graduate, earned wins in the 17-18 men’s division of the 110 hurdles and pole vault, finished second in the long jump, 400 meters and 1,500 meters, was third in the 100 meter and shot put and fifth in the high jump to put him second in the decathlon event.
Several athletes from Thriller, Bremerton Jaguars and Kitsap Fliers club track and field teams competed in the meet.
Among the younger athletes to earn multiple national qualifying times were Tenichi Gordon of the Kitsap Fliers and Lily Judie of the Bremerton Jaguars.
Gordon finished second overall in the boys 13-14 outdoor pentathlon and was third in the 100 hurdles, fifth in the high jump, second in the long jump and first in the 1,500 in 4:41.26.
Judie shined in the girls 9-10 division with wins in the 100 meter in 14.53 seconds and the 200 meter in 29.90.
Gracien, Bremerton Jaguars, 8 & Under Girls 100, fourth; long jump, fourth; javelin, fourth.
- Quinn Zahara, Bremerton Jaguars, 8U Girls 400, fifth.
- Jess Judie, Bremerton Jaguars, 8U Boys, 100, second; 200,
second; long jump, first, 10 feet, 8 inches.
- Amary Sylvestre, Bremerton Jaguars, 8U Boys, long jump, third.
- Lily Judie, Bremerton Jaguars, 9-10 Girls 100, first, 14.53 seconds; 200, first, 29.90.
- Isaiah Cadengo, Bremerton Jaguars, 11-2 Boys 400, fifth.
- Bremerton Jaguars, 11-12 Boys 4×100 relay, fourth.
- Alyssa Becker, Bremerton Jaguars, 15-16 Girls 3,000, first, 10:45.83; 1,500, second.
- Pono Fuiava, Bremerton Jaguars, 15-16 Girls discus, third.
- Lecia Sincere, Bremerton Jaguars, 15-16 Girls heptathlon fifth overall, high jump fifth, shot put, first, 27-10.25.
- Bremerton Jaguars, 15-16 Boys 4×100 relay, third.
TenichiGordon, Kitsap Fliers, 13-14 Boys 200 hurdles, fifth; outdoor pentathlon, second.
- Kymeal Gaulden, Kitsap Fliers, 15-16 Girls 100, third; 200, second.
- Alyssa Cullen, Kitsap Fliers, 15-16 Girls 100, fourth; triple jump, first, 34-10.5.
- Kitsap Fliers, 15-16 Girls 4×100 relay, fifth.
- Emma Brundige, Kitsap Fliers, 17-18 Women 400, third.
- Danny Conlisk, Kitsap Fliers, 17-18 Men 400, fifth.
- Lauryn Chandler, Kitsap Fliers, 17-18 Women 100 hurdles, third.
- Kitsap Fliers, 17-18 Women 4×100 relay, fifth.
- Kitsap Fliers, 17-18 Women 4×400 relay, third.
- Braeden Elliott, Thriller Track, 9-10 Boys high jump, fourth.
- Charles Chertok, Thriller Track, 9-10 Boys high jump, fifth; triathlon 400, third, triathlon shot put fifth, triathlon high jump, third.
- Callie Mueller, Thriller Track, 15-16 Girls 3,000 race walk, first, 22:22.38.
- Joren James Rentie IV, Thriller Track, 15-16 Boys long jump, second.
- Jamie Thoma, Thriller Track, 15-16 Girls heptathlon, fourth overall, 100 hurdles heptathlon, fifth, high jump heptathlon second, 200 heptathlon fourth.
- Audrey Green, Thriller Track, 17-18 Women 3,000 race walk, first, 22:05.04.
DeyondreDavis, Thriller Track Club, 17-18 Men 400 hurdles, first, 54.31 seconds; 110 hurdles, second.
- Ethan Brandon, Thriller Track,17-18 Men 3,000 race walk, first, 22:37.56.
- Emily Riehl, Thriller Track, 17-18 Women high jump, fourth; heptathlon fifth.
- Alexandra Payne, Kitsap Fliers, 17-18 Women hammer throw, third.
- Ryan Thoma, Thriller Track Club, 17-18 Men decathlon, second overall, 110 hurdles, first, 100, third, long jump second, shot put, third, high jump, fifth, 400, second, pole vault, first, javelin, second, 1,500