The West Sound Admirals will take to the ice to finish the regular season this weekend.
The Admirals host the Seattle Totems on Friday at 7:30 p.m. then head to Seattle on Saturday at 7 p.m. at Olympicview Arena. They’ll be back to finish the three-game series on Sunday versus Seattle at 2:45 p.m. at the Bremerton Ice Center.
West Sound will take on Northwest Division-leading Bellingham in the first round of the upcoming playoffs.
The team made several changes before the Western States Hockey League trade deadline in February.
“Regardless of our record,” said Admirals general manager David Daniello, “this season has been a success. We had less than three months to recruit a full roster and we did it. We brought in many talented hockey players this season, but being a younger team, coupled with the vast amount of injuries we sustained over the course of the year, we just couldn’t get any momentum. Planning is everything and our plan hasn’t changed. Year two will see leaps and bounds past this season.”
Played who were traded include;
- Forward Oliwer Stensson was traded to the El Paso Rhinos for valuable considerations
- Forward Vladislav Polyashov, traded to Southern Oregon for Yehor Honcherenko, forward Matiyar Zhaxylkov, forward Sarp Demizen and valuable considerations. Demizen played for his native Turkey in the World Junior tournament this season
- Forward Dmitrii Munirov, traded to Seattle Totems for valuable considerations
- Forward Caleb Travis, released
- Benjamin Wiltshire, signed as a free agent
- Forward Ian Hofmann, signed as a free agent
- Defenseman Tyler Perry, rejoined the Admirals