The Klahowya boys soccer team vindicated its loss last week in the 2A West Central District tournament to Charles Wright with a 2-1 win over the Terriers on Saturday to secure a berth to the state tournament.
The Eagles led 1-0 at halftime before Charles Wright tied it at 1-1 in the second.
Matthew Frank-Cervantes scored the game-winning goal in the final minute for Klahowya. Information on the state tournament brackets can be found here.
- North Kitsap won its winner-to-state game, 2-1 over Fife at the WCD tournament at Franklin Pierce High in Tacoma.
North trailed 1-0 then lobbed in a goal before the first half ended for a 1-1 standstill. The Vikings scored the game-winner inside the two-minute mark. Click here to find information on the state 2A tournament brackets.
- South Kitsap soccer clinched a state berth despite a 2-1 loss to Sumner in a first/third seeding match at Sparks Stadium. The Wolves host a first-round game against Mount Vernon at Kitsap Bank Stadium at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Bracket info can be found here.
Colin Nuss scored on an assist from Grant Larson to give the Wolves a 1-0 lead 10 minutes into the game. Five minutes later Sumner tied it at 1-1. The Spartans took the lead for good in the second half, 2-1.
Baseball: Bainbridge earns a state berth, NK second seed
Down 4-3 heading into the bottom of the sixth inning, the Bainbridge Spartans rallied to score four runs and held on for a 7-4 win over Juanita at the 3A Kingco tournament at Bannerwood Park in Bellevue.
The win secured a berth to the state tournament for Bainbridge.
Ian Mathews hit a one-out single to start the rally for Bainbridge. Luis Vales singled, Jonathan Kussie drew a walk and Garret Michelle singled to score Mathews to tie it 4-4. Ethan Schulte reached on an error that scored Kobs give the Spartans a 4-4 lead.
Theo Colgan’s two-run single scored Kussie and Aichele and was enough as the Spartans’ James McMurray sent the Rebels down in order to end the game.
- South Kitsap earned yet another trip to the 4A state tournament with a 3-0 win over Kentlake in the WCD tourney at Heritage Park in Puyallup.
The Wolves lost a late game Saturday, 7-4 to Skyview, and will travel to Everett May 19 to take on Jackson at 10 a.m. Click here to find out more information on the 4A state tourney.
- At the 2A WCD tourney, North Kitsap beat Port Angeles in the semifinals but lost to Fife 8-4 in the title game to earn the No. 2 seed to state. The Vikings head to Centralia on Saturday for a game at 10 a.m. Port Angeles plays Mountlake Terrace at Bellingham at 1 p.m. Brackets for 2A can be found by clicking here.
Both Olympic and Kingston lost loser-out games at district. The Trojans lost to White River 4-2 at Franklin Pierce. Kingston fell to Steilacoom 12-2.
- The Crosspoint Warriors secured a state berth with impressive wins on Saturday. Here’s the link to the 2B bracket. The Warriors, which lost to Orcas Island 8-2 last week, won two loser-out games. Crosspoint beat Concrete 6-5 then defeated Friday Harbor 7-2 to earn the 2B bi-district No. 2 seed.